A Duolingo tree is the full language course on Duolingo including all of the skills. One of the first goals a user should have on Duolingo is to finish their Duolingo tree, however there are many different ways to do this.
Different Ways of Finishing Your Duolingo Tree
Earn 1 Crown in Every Skill in Your Duolingo Tree
The first way to finish your Duolingo tree is by earning at least 1 crown in every skill on your tree. This is one of the best ways to use Duolingo because when you get to the end of your tree with 1 crown in each skill you get to earn your Duolingo Golden Owl!
It’s a little trophy that shows up at the bottom of your Duolingo tree to congratulate you for your accomplishment!
I seriously would not be able to learn languages without italki (I’m taking 3 classes per week right now) try out a class and you’ll thank me later. They’re usually $9 or less!
Earn 2 Crowns in Every Skill in Duolingo Tree
Of course, the next step is to go back and earn 2 crowns in every skill in your Duolingo tree! Instead of earning another Golden Owl trophy, this time you will earn an Achievement which you can see in your profile.
I have only done this once since I usually try to get more crowns in grammar skills.
Golden Tree in Duolingo
The last way to finish your tree in Duolingo is by getting ALL of the crowns in EVERY skill on your Duolingo tree which earns you a “Golden Tree”, which is extremely difficult! I have never done this, but I would love to have a Golden tree someday!
Want to learn a language quickly and never forget it? Check out this book on Amazon about how to stay fluent in a language over time without losing fluency!
There are a couple of ways that you can shortcut your way to finishing your Duolingo tree faster. If you click on a skill that you haven’t earned 5 crowns in yet, a small key icon will show up in the corner and you can choose to test out and earn the next crown.
However, you will need to use gems to do this.
If you want to learn a language faster than ever, I also highly recommend reading Benny Lewis’s book on how to learn a language in JUST 3 months.
Another way you can finish your Duolingo tree faster or shortcut the tree is by clicking on the Checkpoints and testing out of multiple skills at once. These tests are quite difficult and you will have to use gems to do them as well.
Language Learning Must-Haves
- iTalki Language Classes: The #1 reason why I’ve been able to learn languages from home. Take conversation classes from a native speaker for only $5-$10 an hour.
- How to Be Fluent Books: Two of my favorite books about language learning have definitely got me super excited about learning a language and I highly recommend reading both!
- Fluent Forever: How to Learn Any Language Fast and Never Forget It
- Fluent in 3 Months: How Anyone at Any Age Can Learn to Speak Any Language from Anywhere in the World
- A Language Planner: Keep track of your scheduled language classes, set language goals, and organize your study schedule with my favorite planner ever.
- Harry Potter in Your Target Language: Reading a beginner book that you’re familiar with is an incredible way to learn vocabulary quickly!
- The Perfect Language Notebook
Friday 17th of March 2023
I preferred the old layout with checkpoints. Also with crowns. The new Duolingo it is okay, but not complicated or challenging.
Saturday 28th of May 2022
I have the duolingo french trophie
Thursday 6th of May 2021
I have earned 1 crown in every skill in my Irish and I'm trying to get all crowns now.