It can be super difficult to stay organized and know exactly what documents you need to apply for the Long Stay Visa France. Here you can find a simple and straightforward list of the documents plus the ones that aren’t actually included on the official France Consulate website. And you can download this checklist for free below!
The Documents Needed for the Long Stay Visa France
Below I have two different sections for the documents you need for the Long Stay France Visa. The first one is the list that is provided on the official France Consulate website, which doesn’t actually include every thing you’ll need to bring.
The second one is the list I created which included every single document I needed to bring in my visa application.
The List of Documents on the Website (Not Complete)
The Actual FULL List of Documents You Need
- Appointment Receipt from VFS (aka Appointment Letter)
- Online Application (signed & dated for day of appointment)
- Official Checklist (at the end of Online Application)
- Valid Passport
- Scanned Copy of Passport (scanned ID page)
- Scanned Copy of Birth Certificate
- Scanned Copy of Marriage Certificate (if married)
- 2 Passport Photos (2in x 2in)
Purpose of Travel/Stay:
- No Paid Activity Letter
- Letter from Employer ( Proof of Employment/Contract)
- 3 Months of Paystubs (ADDITIONAL)
Travel Health Insurance:
- Scanned Copy of Medical Insurance Card
- Confirmation of Coverage Letter
- Airbnb Receipt (or Hotel Receipt)
- Letter from Host
- Host ID (front & back)
- Host Lease or Deed from Apartment/House
- Letter Explaining Personal Finances
- 3 Months of Most Recent Savings Account Statements (include ALL pages, not just the first page)
- 3 Months of Most Recent Checking Account (or whatever account your salary goes into)
- Credit Card Statements Proving your Credit Limit (ADDITIONAL)
- Letter from Guarantor
- ID (front & back)
- 3 Months Bank Statements
- 3 Months of Paystubs
- Credit Card or Means of Paying $111 Per Visa at VFS Center
- Scanned Copy of Social Security Cards (ADDITIONAL)
- Scanned Copy of Driver’s Licenses (ADDITIONAL)
Alright, that’s it! lol. As you’re looking over this, I bet there are a few things that you don’t know how to do or that you have no idea what it means. Head to this post for exact steps on how to apply for the visa and it will explain each thing in detail!
I also made a printable checklist since I’m the type that needs something physical in my hand so that I can check everything off. You can download that for free below!
Free Templates for the Letter Documents Required for the Application
Since there are so many letters required for this visa application, you can download the templates below (which were given to me by Wally to help me apply for the visa, thanks again Wally!!)