iTalki is for sure the best way to learn a language online on a super low budget (which I’m all about!). Instead of giving your loved one a generic mug that says “bonjour” on it, you can ACTUALLY give them language classes that can really teach them a language by gifting them an iTalki Gift Card.
I’ve taken hundreds of classes on iTalki (usually at about $5-$7 per class) and it has taught me Italian, improved my Spanish, and got me to an intermediate level with my French.
Basically, you are paying a native speaker to talk to you WITHOUT using English for a half-hour to an hour. There is absolutely nothing more valuable than that at any level of language learning.
You can find my language study plan here to show exactly how I use these classes with only a few other (free) resources to learn a language quickly!
Is iTalki the right gift for your language learner?
Are you worried that the person you are buying the gift card for might not have used iTalki before?
Even if they haven’t used it, you can still get them a gift card and they’ll definitely be thanking you for introducing them to the best and cheapest way to learn languages online.
The only thing they need to do in order to use the gift card is to create an account through iTalki. This is only if they haven’t used iTalki before.
Italki is the best website out there for one-on-one classes with native speakers (trust me, I’ve tried others and they don’t compare!) so don’t worry that they might not like it.
If they love languages, they are going to love iTalki!
How to send an italki gift card
Since iTalki is an online company, you can’t buy a physical gift card to give away. Instead, you will be using iTalki.com to send a virtual gift card to the email of the person you would like to receive the card.
In order to send a gift card, you will need to create an account with iTalki, then scroll to the bottom of the page where it says “Buy a Gift Card.”
You can choose the amount that you would like to send them. It doesn’t matter if they don’t have an account yet, either!
$20 will get them about 3-4 classes with a native speaker, which is an awesome gift for any language learner!!
How to Redeem an Italki Gift Card
Once they get the email, they can log into their iTalki account and click on the “My Wallet” tab.
In the “My Wallet” tab they can see the credits that they have already bought for iTalki (if they have used it before) as well as an area where they can redeem their gift card.
All they need to redeem their iTalki gift card is the code that was sent to them in their Gift Card email. And that’s it! Super easy and painless for them to start learning a language thanks to you!
Language Learning Must-Haves
- iTalki Language Classes: The #1 reason why I’ve been able to learn languages from home. Take conversation classes from a native speaker for only $5-$10 an hour.
- How to Be Fluent Books: Two of my favorite books about language learning have definitely got me super excited about learning a language and I highly recommend reading both!
- Fluent Forever: How to Learn Any Language Fast and Never Forget It
- Fluent in 3 Months: How Anyone at Any Age Can Learn to Speak Any Language from Anywhere in the World
- A Language Planner: Keep track of your scheduled language classes, set language goals, and organize your study schedule with my favorite planner ever.
- Harry Potter in Your Target Language: Reading a beginner book that you’re familiar with is an incredible way to learn vocabulary quickly!
- The Perfect Language Notebook